- S-500 (Coolant Concentrate - Water Soluble Oil)
- You can download MSDS sheets, Brochures & Reference Materials for this product if you are a member of our site!
Click here to find out the privileges of membership.
- General Description
- S-500 is a non-toxic, non-irritating and non-corrosive water soluble oil. Following are some of its benefits: Amine-free, Phosphate-free and Nitrite-free; Bio-stable formulation for extended life and minimized waste; Ideal for continuous use recycling systems and central systems; Multi-purpose formulation eliminates need for multiple coolants thus reduces inventories; Contains Extreme Pressure Additives for severe applications; Outstanding performance on difficult to machine materials; Compatible with all common machine tool components, including paint and seals; Excellent rejection of foreign contamination, including tramp oils.
- Primary applications of S-500 would include CNC Turning, Tapping and Threading, Sawing and Cut-off, High Speed Machining, Conventional Contract Shop Applications, CNC Milling and Drilling, Reaming and Boring, Light Stamping, High Pressure Machining. Secondary applications are Broaching, Shaping and Slotting, Drawing, Heavy Stamping, Grinding which includes Centerless, Creepfeed, Surface, ID/OD and Rotary, Gear Cutting and Finishing, Forming, Fine Blanking. Recommended Concentrations: General Cutting 5%-10%, General Grinding 2.5%-5%, General Deformation 2.5%-10%.
- Primary: Aluminum Alloys, High Temperature Alloys, Nickel Alloys, Stainless Steel, Steel (all forms), Powdered Metals, Tool Steel and High Speed Steel, Titanium. Secondary: Brass, Bronze and Copper Alloys, Ductile Iron and Cast Iron, Ceramics, Glass, Precious Metals, Plastics and Composites, Refractory Metals.
- Pre-mixing Procedures: Always premix coolant before adding to the machine sump. Never add straight water or straight concentrate directly to the machine's sump. For best results a Hangsterfer’s recommended proportioning device should be used. If mixing by hand, always add concentrate to water, and then agitate. It is important to remember that as water evaporates from the coolant, the concentration will increase. To maintain the recommended concentration in the machine, make-up coolant should be pre-mixed at half the % concentration as the initial fill. To maintain 6% in the machine, first change the machine at 6%, then add make-up at 3% to keep the machine full.
- S-500 is a bio-stable coolant, designed to control the growth of bacteria. Regular maintenance is required for maximum performance. Concentration should be monitored regularly with a calibrated refractometer. S-500 gives a direct read on the refractometer (e.g. 5=5%). Tramp oils should be removed from the coolant surface regularly to prevent unwanted bacterial growth. Keep the coolant system free of cleaners, solvents and other contaminants.
- Easy to clean off in aqueous and non-aqueous cleaning systems.
The general description, recommended uses, application data and statements in the product literature are guidelines. Because this product may be used for a variety of applications over which Hangsterfer’s Laboratories, Inc. has no control, Hangsterfer’s Laboratories, Inc. assumes no liability for incidental, consequential, or direct damages of any kind,
*많은 정보를 보시려면 상단 윤활유 정보중 링크모음에 들어가시면 풍부한 정보를 공유할수있습니다.